Welcome to Southwest Car Wash Association
The Largest Regional Network of Car Wash Owners & Operators
2020 Convention & EXPO - Keynote Speaker
- SCWA is excited to announce that the 2020 SCWA Convention keynote speaker is Vice President Dick Cheney. The keynote will be on Thursday, January 30, 2020 during the EXPERIENCE SCWA Convention & EXPO.
- Former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney has served more than four decades of public life at the highest levels of government during some of the most critical days in modern American history.
- In the post-Watergate administration of Gerald Ford, the President turned to 34-year-old Dick Cheney to lead the White House staff in the work of restoring the nation’s confidence and waging the President’s 1976 campaign.
- After leaving the White House, Cheney returned to his home state of Wyoming, where he was elected in 1978 as the state’s sole member of the House of Representatives. Re-elected to office five times, Cheney served in several leadership positions and was chosen by his colleagues as the minority whip, the number two position in the House Republican leadership.
- In 1989, he was nominated by President George H.W. Bush to serve as Secretary of Defense and in his four years at the Pentagon, Cheney led American forces to victory in Operation Just Cause in Panama, and Operation Desert Storm in the Persian Gulf. In 1991, he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- In 2000, George W. Bush asked Cheney to become his running mate. President Bush and Vice President Cheney were inaugurated for the first of two terms on January 20, 2001.
- In the eight eventful years of the Bush presidency, the Vice President was best known for his involvement in national security matters following the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. Cheney has been recognized by many as the most powerful and consequential vice president in American history, and worked side by side with George W. Bush to keep our homeland safe and protect Americans from terrorist attacks for seven and a half years following 9/11.
Facts & Myths
- Many in our communities are not aware of the efforts of the car wash industry to conserve water. Sometimes when communities face water need issues there is a tendency to base decisions and rules on reactions rather than facts. Many times these misunderstandings result in decisions unfair and inappropriate to the car wash industry.
- The Southwest Car Wash Association wants to be an active community partner in helping to provide correct information and assist in creating solutions to water conservation based on facts and fairness rather than on old misconceptions or misunderstandings.