The COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve and SCWA seeks to be responsive to the fluidity of the situation. As more and more government entities release new and sometimes conflicting guidance, we, as an association, wish to reiterate that each owner/operator must interpret the guidance applicable to their marketplace and respond accordingly. We will continue to work with government entities in hopes of providing clarity as it relates to the car wash industry.
COVID 19 Resources
The COVID 19 pandemic has created a difficult time for everyone. It is times like this, the support of your association is needed more than ever.
As the situation began, SCWA immediately went to work for our members and the industry to provide needed information and to educate public officials on the “essential business” nature of car washing. SCWA is continuing to identify resources that will help members and the greater car wash community rebound stronger than ever. Current SCWA Members are receiving regular email updates and opportunities for educational webinars. If you are not a member and would like to be included, click the green JOIN/RENEW button above on the right.
- In addition, SCWA:
- · Worked with Texas Governor Abbott to have car washing confirmed as “essential businesses” in Texas.
- · Worked with SCWA members in many other states, such as: Colorado, New Mexico, Hawaii, Kansas, Maryland and Ohio; by providing information as to the essential business nature of car washing.
- · Worked with many city and county officials to give car washes the option to open as essential businesses in local communities such as Dallas; Fort Worth; Greenville; Houston; Albuquerque.
- · Offered a free webinar on the PPP to help SCWA Members get a head start in preparing loan applications and better understand employee issues; a zoom meeting highlighting sanitizing of vehicle interiors, attended by more than 200 car wash owners and operators.
- · SCWA continues to provide our members regular alerts and updates offering pertinent and critical information on “stay at home” orders; SBA loans status, new business opportunities and other COVID 19 business issues.
- As always, SCWA stands ready to support our members as we navigate through this ever-changing landscape. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us. Thank you for allowing SCWA to serve you!
For COVID 19 Updates in Your State: States COVID-19 Update
We appreciate the many great responses received during this time
Just forwarded your latest SCWA Legislative Update to my accountant. Your updates are invaluable.
- Rick - Wahiawa, Hawaii
Thanks for the wonderful job SCWA is doing for the members and vendors. SCWA is a true class act!
- Art - Crytal Lake, Illinois
I did not know about the ERTC information in the Legislative Update this week. Thanks for the great insight!
- Steve - Houston, Texas
Thank you for continuing to keep us in the loop with all the PPP information and Legislative Updates. SCWA is the best!
- Will - Fullerton, California
I have been in the real estate development business for a little over 30 years now and I can unequivocally state that the Southwest Car Wash Association has brought more value and insight to me than any other association I have been in. I was not expecting this review to be part of our benefit however I am very appreciative of it and the service provided by Jake and his team. We are in the midst of opening two more car washes this month and this type of support is incredibly valuable both mentally and financially. Again, just writing to say thank you for this great association, for those of new to the business it is a lifesaver.
- Frank - Hello Car Wash Dallas, Texas
“The call today was extremely informative and it’s always encouraging to see this body of owner/ operators so passionate about their business. We are still in the early stages of our express tunnel and plan to be open in December and I couldn’t be more excited to be a part of the SCWA Community!”
- Brandon - Titus Express Car Wash Katy, Texas
"I wanted to commend you for your efforts in aggressively protecting the rights of the members of the Southwest Car Wash Association to operate their businesses. No other association has provided this kind of direct benefit. Saving thousands of jobs will have an incalculable impact on thousands of lives and families. This just shows how truly valuable you are to each and every member of the association and the car wash industry as a whole."
- Steve - Washlink Systems Morgan Hill, California
“Thank you for all of your information. You have been super helpful to small operators like us.”
- Frank - Hello Car Wash Dallas, Texas
"I want to commend you for always keeping your association in the loop. In addition to the Car Wash Insurance Program, we have 9 other programs we market and belong to more Trade Associations that I can count. You are by far the BEST communicator/ leader of any of them."
- Bill - McNeil and Company Cortland, New York
“Y’all are doing a great job fighting for the industry. Thanks!”
- Ben - Benny’s Car Washes Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Thanks for all your help and information. Your concern for the industry is truly appreciated. SCWA is a shining light for us all. My HR director attended the Webinar this morning and got a lot of very good information. Thanks for hosting. Mahalo Nui Loa.”
- Rick - Wahiawa, Hawaii
“I just read your second email with the OSHA and EEOC updates and extremely helpful! I have an HR background and I know the value of this information.”
- Kimberly - Hoot’s Car Wash Daphne, Alabama
"OMG, that last COVID-19 attachment was so helpful; concise and everything in one spot. Thank you!"
- Squeaky Clean Car Wash San Antonio, Texas
“During the initial phase of the Stay-at-Home Declaration; Fort Worth City officials and the City attorneys determined that the car washes were not an essential business and needed to remain closed. That determination was readjusted late this afternoon and car washes are now on the essential list. If you received a notice from a Code Compliance officer to close, please disregard that at this time. You may operate your car wash at this time. Please follow all CDC recommended guidelines regarding social distancing and sending ill workers home.”
- Andria - R.S., City of Fort Worth Code Compliance Supervisor
"Thank you so much for the timely updates. Your work on our behalf through this situation has been invaluable."
- Dan-SilverStar Car Wash Sioux Falls, South Dakota
"You all have done a phenomenal job helping with information on COVID. We have a new owner who took over January 2020 and had no previous experience. He has relied heavily on your information to guide us through this time."
- Sarah - Big O’s Auto Wash Addison, Texas
"I just want to personally thank you again for all that you and the association did to turn our Fort Worth Situation around. Thank you!!!"
- Rob - Land Shark Express Fort Worth, Texas
“I cannot express how much I appreciate the work SCWA is doing now. There has never been a more important time to be a member of SCWA.”
- Ron - Carisma Car Wash Sugarland, Texas
“Thanks so much for your help. The mayor allowed us to stay open until Monday. He will have to meet with the city attorney and I think they will allow us to stay open! I really appreciate your help. So glad we are members!”
- Dalton & Kim - Russell’s Car Wash Union, Mississippi
“The Fire Marshall paid us a visit today and attempted to shut us down. However, we were armed with the information that SCWA provided along with a confirmation email from the office of Judge Hidalgo. We demonstrated that we are disinfecting everything a customer touches between uses, we had adequate spacing at the vacuum stalls and finally we were able to show that we are providing disinfectant chemicals for all our customers including essential/ first responders for use inside and outside of their vehicles. The Fire Marshall confirmed his findings with his headquarters and thanked us for being a vital and essential service for the community.”
- Scott - Swish Car Wash Houston, Texas
“Once again, you have demonstrated the strength of leadership for the Southwest Car Wash Association for the benefit of all of us. Your efforts and guidance are priceless.”
- Tom - Standard Change Makers Indianapolis, Indiana
“Thank you so much for standing up for us.”
- Thu - CleanSmart Express Car Wash Fairview, Texas
“I appreciate ALL that SCWA is actually doing for members at this time. I am impressed with your dedication. Keep up the good work.”
- John - Kleen-Rite Columbia, Pennsylvania
“As I forward the information SCWA provided I’ll encourage any operator that is not currently an SCWA Member to sign up & to pay their dues! The work you do is nothing short of inspiring, but oftentimes thankless, I would imagine. So, on behalf of myself, Sonny’s and all car washers – THANK YOU!”
- Bryan - Sonny’s Tamarac, Florida